About Me

My photo
I am a mommy, scribe, and middle-school English teacher. I am trying to cope with being separated from my beloved. DoUWantMore? email me: theprisonerswife@gmail.com

Twitter Me This...

Subscribe to this blog

 Subscribe in a reader




Get TPW in your inbox!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


Add to Technorati Favorites

Follow Me, You KNow You Wanna...

Where Did Summer Go?

Posted by the prisoner's wife On 11:53 AM

(pic taken on my FIRST ride on a Ferris Wheel...last month!)

I am sitting here trying to figure out where summer went. Yes, I know. It's only the beginning of August, but I know the end is near. I can feel it. The end of the summer, the end of lazy days with the munchkin, the end of just hopping in the car on a Tuesday afternoon to go...anywhere. It's almost a memory.

At the end of the month the munchkin will be starting preschool and I'll be moving on to another, a little tougher, middle school teaching assignment. Honestly, I'm not at all ready. I AM excited about preschool. Excited because I know he'll LOVE it! But the going back to work part? Ehhhh, let's just say I'm hoping to hit the lotto before Labor Day!

Teaching is noble. It's necessary. Great teachers have a profound effect on kids' lives. But it's so damn labor intensive. It's tiring, it's frustrating at times, and I'm not at all ready to go back on the grind. Does this mean I need to figure out another profession? I dunno. I do love working with kids and having a positive effect on their future, but teaching takes such a toll on me that I feel like I'm shortchanging the things I love: my child, my writing, myself.

Hopefully it will get better as the year(s) go on. Maybe I'm just nervous about switching schools & the prospect of going into a tougher situation than I was in before. Or maybe, I'm just a little sad that the summer is ending and I'll have to wait another 9 months to feel completely free.


~~
What are your plans for the last few weeks of summer?
What haven't you done that you still want to squeeze in?

2 Response to 'Where Did Summer Go?'

  1. http://theprisonerswife.blogspot.com/2009/08/where-did-summer-go.html?showComment=1249437976880#c480777718244181827'> Tuesday, August 04, 2009 7:06:00 PM

    This guy I dated in high school's mom was a Middle School teacher. She said it was her favorite age because they will always tell you what they think. It may not always be nice, but you will know where you stand. Good luck, teachers are the only reason I survived being a kid.

     

  2. Luv Said,
    http://theprisonerswife.blogspot.com/2009/08/where-did-summer-go.html?showComment=1249441246550#c8758340822123355690'> Tuesday, August 04, 2009 8:00:00 PM

    hey i gave u the Honest Scrap award, go to my page to see what u have to do