About Me

My photo
I am a mommy, scribe, and middle-school English teacher. I am trying to cope with being separated from my beloved. DoUWantMore? email me: theprisonerswife@gmail.com

Twitter Me This...

Subscribe to this blog

 Subscribe in a reader




Get TPW in your inbox!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


Add to Technorati Favorites

Follow Me, You KNow You Wanna...

So Beautiful

Posted by the prisoner's wife On 9:03 PM


i don't listen to the radio anymore. well, unless it's NPR. so today, when i caught Musiq's ballad, "So Beautiful" blasting through my speakers, i was caught off guard.

this.song.is.so.damn.sexy.

& i couldn't help pause and think of beloved.

we've been going through it lately. the kind of "it" that happens when you only get to see each other every 3 or 4 months, and when your conversations are parceled out in 15 minute increments.

IT.is.hard.

but when this song came on, its keys massaging the back of my eyelids making my hips remember just how much i love my dude, i couldn't help but smile.


music always has a way. a way of reminding you of what you've forgotten or taken for granted or just been missing so long you almost don't miss it anymore.

but i remember.
and i feel it.
deeply.


~~
what is your favorite love song right now?
what song(s) just makes you feel so damn sexy?
share, cuz i need to freshen up my ipod playlist.

3 Response to 'So Beautiful'

  1. Color Online Said,
    http://theprisonerswife.blogspot.com/2009/08/so-beautiful.html?showComment=1249244839121#c6525390817761470238'> Sunday, August 02, 2009 1:27:00 PM

    It's so nice to hear a black man praising a black woman. I wish our young girls heard more music that celebrates them.

    Like you, I listen mostly to NPR and some old school.

     

  2. http://theprisonerswife.blogspot.com/2009/08/so-beautiful.html?showComment=1249260262914#c752924597554511337'> Sunday, August 02, 2009 5:44:00 PM

    isn't it though? i am LOVING this song though!

     

  3. CiCiWryter Said,
    http://theprisonerswife.blogspot.com/2009/08/so-beautiful.html?showComment=1250187512605#c2620690106631110795'> Thursday, August 13, 2009 11:18:00 AM

    I'm late to this post but I LOVE the Musiq song AND I am loving Anthony Hamilton's 'The Point of it All' and listening to it on repeat at this very moment. and I agree with Color Online that it's so nice to hear a Black man praising/loving a Black woman. There's a lot of good stuff like this out there but its not played on 'regular' radio (hey there's a blog post idea)
    @TPW congrats on all the new moves you're making!! been so busy w/ work and trying to squeeze in some writing haven't been online much except to lurk for a minute or two. good job on putting yourself out there and looking forward to reading about you using your gov't name or not?! I like TPW, personally, feel like it promotes the book you'll eventually publish about the experience. Anyway, you stay motivating me!! thx :-)