About Me

My photo
I am a mommy, scribe, and middle-school English teacher. I am trying to cope with being separated from my beloved. DoUWantMore? email me: theprisonerswife@gmail.com

Twitter Me This...

Subscribe to this blog

 Subscribe in a reader




Get TPW in your inbox!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


Add to Technorati Favorites

Follow Me, You KNow You Wanna...

for me?

Posted by the prisoner's wife On 1:37 PM


i finally did it.

i finally shelled out the $150 for a new ipod. i've been putting it off for over a year now, since my last one mysteriously came up broken. you see, although i freely spend (way too much) money on my son, my husband, and on random trips to Target, when it comes time to buy something for myself, i freeze. i quickly begin thinking of all the upcoming bills, and how we will be traveling soon, and how high gas is...and i end up not buying anything. i rarely buy myself new pairs of shoes, i don't buy a lot of clothes, and this ipod...i've been eying it for some time now. but last night, on a trip to *ehem* Target, i bit the bullet and bought one.

and guess what?
i'm SO glad i did!

i'm still a little shaky on the fact that i spent $150 on it, especially considering we'll be making another trip to see beloved soon, but i'm glad i got it. music motivates me so much, and now i have no excuse to skip a workout or neglect writing or whatever...because my muse is back.

what's on your ipod or in your stereo these days? (i need suggestions. i have a lot of space to fill!)

4 Response to 'for me?'

  1. christina Said,
    http://theprisonerswife.blogspot.com/2008/03/for-me.html?showComment=1205081100000#c1236607451683051071'> Sunday, March 09, 2008 9:45:00 AM

    So happy you splurged a bit on you! This week I loaded my pod with some old mint condition, that was fun. On repeat- I have common (faithful live), Isley bros and Mos Def (beauty in the dark) Jazzy Jeff and Raheem Devaughn (My souls not 4 sale) Jilly from Philly and Common (8 minutes to sunrise) Dwele (find a way) and a french pod cast for my kids to learn french. I'm sure you will have no problem filling that i pod up and don't forget to take it with you when you travel:+)

     

  2. Mango Mama Said,
    http://theprisonerswife.blogspot.com/2008/03/for-me.html?showComment=1205110440000#c512628021068295853'> Sunday, March 09, 2008 5:54:00 PM

    Girl, I'm so happy for you. I know your syndrome well, you've got a bad case of everybody but me. I suffer from this disease myself. Remember, this not a vanity purchase, it's about your mental health.

    I recently splurged on the ipod touch once i received the proceeds from some extra work I took on. I would have never made the purchase otherwise.

    Today, I added a my son's Beatle's collection to my ipod and I have a nice collection of podcasts I subscribe to. Last week I added Amy Winehouse's first CD, Frank and Lizz Wright's newest CD, Orchard.

     

  3. T.a.c.D Said,
    http://theprisonerswife.blogspot.com/2008/03/for-me.html?showComment=1205265060000#c4244280305104009315'> Tuesday, March 11, 2008 12:51:00 PM

    i am glad that you bought something for YOU...women for years, mothers and wives put themselves last...
    its alright from time to time to take care of our needs and wants too...

    (says the woman who has YET to buy her own ipod but will everyone else gifts, neccesities...HA!) but one day

     

  4. Mike's crown Said,
    http://theprisonerswife.blogspot.com/2008/03/for-me.html?showComment=1205865360000#c8050613873264623936'> Tuesday, March 18, 2008 11:36:00 AM

    sometimes we moms have to do something for self. I have been listening to" we have to keep the devil way down in the hole". I am still mourning The Wire series ending. So I have been listening to that over and over.
    Enjoy your new toy
    MC