Posted by the prisoner's wife On 2:23 PM
just something quick to lift my spirits. a lot has been going on lately & i've been feeling tired, spent, and a bit hopeful. i just want to take some time to give a little thanks. i need a boost & remembering the good things always helps to put a little swag back in your step. here goes...
i'm thankful for:
1. air, fresh and smoggy pumping through these lungs. life is a beautiful struggle.
2. phone calls from beloved, just in the nick of time.
3. spring break being only a few days away.
4. my big-headed bwoi. my munchkin finds so many ways to make mommy laugh, even when i'm tryna be tough.
5. my fresh new ipod (i will probably be deaf soon. i'm blasting this shit EVERYWHERE!)
6. Nicolay & Kay. TIGHT EYES. they make me wanna write again (soon come).
7. acting upon old ideas...y'all aint ready.
8. Mos Def meeting Talib Kweli. Brown Skin Lady is still my theme song (can we get another album, fellas?).
10. the All Mighty from wince cometh all things, wonderful.
i am also thankful for being able to share my life, my struggle, and my words with y'all. the writer in me feels so much gratitude to y'all for taking the time to read whatever i have to say. this site has given me an outlet & voice when i felt most alone. so thank you, and you, and you for coming & sharing with me.
what are you thankful for today?