About Me

My photo
I am a mommy, scribe, and middle-school English teacher. I am trying to cope with being separated from my beloved. DoUWantMore? email me: theprisonerswife@gmail.com

Twitter Me This...

Subscribe to this blog

 Subscribe in a reader




Get TPW in your inbox!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


Add to Technorati Favorites

Follow Me, You KNow You Wanna...

thank you, thank you

Posted by the prisoner's wife On 2:23 PM

just something quick to lift my spirits. a lot has been going on lately & i've been feeling tired, spent, and a bit hopeful. i just want to take some time to give a little thanks. i need a boost & remembering the good things always helps to put a little swag back in your step. here goes...

i'm thankful for:

1. air, fresh and smoggy pumping through these lungs. life is a beautiful struggle.

2. phone calls from beloved, just in the nick of time.

3. spring break being only a few days away.

4. my big-headed bwoi. my munchkin finds so many ways to make mommy laugh, even when i'm tryna be tough.

5. my fresh new ipod (i will probably be deaf soon. i'm blasting this shit EVERYWHERE!)

6. Nicolay & Kay. TIGHT EYES. they make me wanna write again (soon come).

7. acting upon old ideas...y'all aint ready.

8. Mos Def meeting Talib Kweli. Brown Skin Lady is still my theme song (can we get another album, fellas?).

9. Summer!

10. the All Mighty from wince cometh all things, wonderful.

i am also thankful for being able to share my life, my struggle, and my words with y'all. the writer in me feels so much gratitude to y'all for taking the time to read whatever i have to say. this site has given me an outlet & voice when i felt most alone. so thank you, and you, and you for coming & sharing with me.

what are you thankful for today?

bless up.

2 Response to 'thank you, thank you'

  1. christina Said,
    http://theprisonerswife.blogspot.com/2008/03/thank-you-thank-you.html?showComment=1205275620000#c8832357744592219572'> Tuesday, March 11, 2008 3:47:00 PM

    Love, family, the idea of Spring coming to WI. I am also so thankful for the places God has led me this past year or 2... He makes no mistakes.
    Love this post!

     

  2. T.a.c.D Said,
    http://theprisonerswife.blogspot.com/2008/03/thank-you-thank-you.html?showComment=1207146180000#c8479489037737463612'> Wednesday, April 02, 2008 7:23:00 AM

    i know this is an old post, but it was much needed for me today...i have found that taking things one day at a time and finding my own inner happiness is what i need to truly do...so one day, even one moment at a time is what i have to do to keep my sanity