About Me

My photo
I am a mommy, scribe, and middle-school English teacher. I am trying to cope with being separated from my beloved. DoUWantMore? email me: theprisonerswife@gmail.com

Twitter Me This...

Subscribe to this blog

 Subscribe in a reader




Get TPW in your inbox!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


Add to Technorati Favorites

Follow Me, You KNow You Wanna...

just yesterday

Posted by the prisoner's wife On 8:14 AM
it seems like just yesterday i was celebrating the end of a long school year, preparing to pack up my room and myself for some much needed R&R. just yesterday i was reveling in the long, lazy days of July, enjoying myself by not doing much of anything, but all of that is quickly coming to an end.

i will be officially back to work next Tuesday and as I'm trying to switch my brain back into "work mode," i'm stuck wondering how the hell the summer managed to run so fast. it seemed to breeze by me very very quickly & i just want this last week to slow....down....now.

we spent last week with beloved, celebrating his birthday. and as i drove around Upstate NY it was scary at how well i knew my way around the place. it is sort of like another home, or at least someplace i know very well. i can almost give directions. but it was worth it. we probably won't be traveling back until the air turns cold & snow is threatening blanket the ground. so, this was our last hurrah until then. perhaps then we will have news about the appeal. the lawyer seems hopeful & so are we, but out visit was great. beloved and the munchkin continue to bond, and i'm forced to think of something to say everytime our son asks, "where daddy go?" i know my answer of "we'll see daddy later" will only hold him for so long...but it's working for now.

i know i've been a bad blog-friend. i haven't been online much these past few weeks, forgive me. i will make the rounds & give my hellos. i pray all of you are well & enjoying the last bits of summer. i am hopeful going into the fall though. i learned that our students, specifically our 7th graders (my kids!) kicked butt on the state tests. of each of the grade levels @ our school they had the highest gains, so i guess we (maybe me?) are doing something right. so fall will bring a new group, a new challenge, and a new chance for me to "get it right" as a teacher. this will mark the beginning of year 3, and i realize this is the longest job i've ever had. i've spent most of my working life putting in a year or two, then moving on, but not here. i guess that says something, right?

bless.

5 Response to 'just yesterday'

  1. http://theprisonerswife.blogspot.com/2008/08/just-yesterday.html?showComment=1219691700000#c3847071926547151758'> Monday, August 25, 2008 12:15:00 PM

    I know as educator time has flown by...BUT AS A MOMMY OF 4 HOORAY!

    I am SSOOOOOO ready for school to start. The gap between when Summer Camp ends and school begins is like FOREVER!

    I feel you on the time away. I too have been unable to post...so I am reposting things from last year. I am happy to do that.

    Happy Birthday to the Beloved!

     

  2. http://theprisonerswife.blogspot.com/2008/08/just-yesterday.html?showComment=1219694820000#c4933460438024946605'> Monday, August 25, 2008 1:07:00 PM

    i hope the celebration went well good for u u needed a good time sister

     

  3. Mango Mama Said,
    http://theprisonerswife.blogspot.com/2008/08/just-yesterday.html?showComment=1219722180000#c5920613317463498524'> Monday, August 25, 2008 8:43:00 PM

    So happy to see a new post. You've been missed! No, I don't have the summer off as educators like you do, but I'm with you, the summer flew by and I wish we could have a few more weeks. Happy to hear you had a wonderful weekend with your family.

     

  4. christina Said,
    http://theprisonerswife.blogspot.com/2008/08/just-yesterday.html?showComment=1219764300000#c6614376989036100396'> Tuesday, August 26, 2008 8:25:00 AM

    As always I will keep you in my prayers on the appeal.
    I miss you guys!
    : )

     

  5. http://theprisonerswife.blogspot.com/2008/08/just-yesterday.html?showComment=1219772100000#c3698259210349563638'> Tuesday, August 26, 2008 10:35:00 AM

    babz: lol..i've heard from several mommies that they're ready for the kids to go back to school. i'm just not ready to TAKE your kids back LOL. but all good things must come to an end, right?

    Torrance: thank you, it did go well.

    mango mama: thanks! a few more weeks (ehem, a month?) would be very nice *smile*

    Xtina: girl, you've been MIA, yo! lol ain't even hit a sista on the txt. i see how you are LOL (stop working so hard!)