About Me

My photo
I am a mommy, scribe, and middle-school English teacher. I am trying to cope with being separated from my beloved. DoUWantMore? email me: theprisonerswife@gmail.com

Twitter Me This...

Subscribe to this blog

 Subscribe in a reader




Get TPW in your inbox!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


Add to Technorati Favorites

Follow Me, You KNow You Wanna...

winter reprieve

Posted by the prisoner's wife On 8:04 AM

(some of the books i have yet to read, but have owned for quite some time. i will try to get through these over break.)

it's finally here: a break, an extended siesta from the day to day work and struggles of teaching. i've been looking forward to this time since september (lol), and it's FINALLY here!

for the first time since i've ever had a break from anything, i don't have a ticket in hand to go visit beloved. i'm broke & the weather sucks. hopefully we will conjure up a visit before i have to return back to work (crossing fingers). but the lack of travel plans feels very weird and foreign to me. i halfway don't know what to do with myself right now.


(veggie lasagna with spiniach, mushrooms, red, yellow, and orange bell peppers, onions, and lots of cheese!)

yesterday, as i do lots of Sundays, i cooked. the stay at home mom in me likes to go on allrecipies.com to see what tasty things people are cooking up. yesterday i made a veggie lasagna & tricked my uber-picky two year old into eating more veggies than he's had in a long while. in an attempt to return to the healthy eating that i exhibited this past summer, i wanted to make something meatless, and although it had lots of cheese (yum!) it was all made of skim milk, and i used whole wheat pasta. it came out quite tasty. the little one ate ALL his and kept trying to dip his fork in my plate. mission accomplished.

one thing i will do with myself over the break is read & write. all the hype surrounding my one page a day goal evaporated. my child got sick, i got sick, and my ideas stopped flowing. i will pick up my story again and hopefully make up for the week i lost. i also picked up the new issue of Poets & Writers, and FINALLY was able to get my hands on Bodega Dreams. i'm excited to read it. will give you my review, not that it matters, when i'm done.

so, what are your plans for your winter break--no matter how long or short?
& what are you reading right now?
give a sista some recommendations.

bless.

4 Response to 'winter reprieve'

  1. Anonymous Said,
    http://theprisonerswife.blogspot.com/2007/12/winter-reprieve.html?showComment=1197917100000#c4478709355045805110'> Monday, December 17, 2007 10:45:00 AM

    I will be scrap booking, sewing and doing some writing! My break starts Friday and I can't wait!

     

  2. christina Said,
    http://theprisonerswife.blogspot.com/2007/12/winter-reprieve.html?showComment=1197936540000#c748627505847291155'> Monday, December 17, 2007 4:09:00 PM

    I will be doing a bit of scrappin myself! :) I just finished editing a huge photo order, so I am done for 2007! I can't wait for winter break to begin. I am hoping I will get some random shooting in. Get on that reading my friend! LOL

     

  3. Anonymous Said,
    http://theprisonerswife.blogspot.com/2007/12/winter-reprieve.html?showComment=1198477500000#c3517712018485677682'> Sunday, December 23, 2007 10:25:00 PM

    I'm just kickin' it with the kids...hanging out a little...trying to find a decent job to save my home...and just enjoying not having to be at work at 11:00 pm!

     

  4. http://theprisonerswife.blogspot.com/2007/12/winter-reprieve.html?showComment=1199214540000#c5658346975210332473'> Tuesday, January 01, 2008 11:09:00 AM

    That looks so good!! Yummy! Happy New Year my sister. Peace~