About Me

My photo
I am a mommy, scribe, and middle-school English teacher. I am trying to cope with being separated from my beloved. DoUWantMore? email me: theprisonerswife@gmail.com

Twitter Me This...

Subscribe to this blog

 Subscribe in a reader




Get TPW in your inbox!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


Add to Technorati Favorites

Follow Me, You KNow You Wanna...

The Wonderful 2s

Posted by the prisoner's wife On 10:11 AM

i really tried to write
a poem in honor
of my little one's second birthday,
but nothing sounded right

at about 4am yesterday morning, i was awakened by words. this used to happen to me all the time back in the day, but not so much lately. i was unprepared. no pen, no paper...nothing. and so i tried to remember the words until i got to a pen & paper. but when i sat down to write...i had forgotten.

but poems can only do so much.

there are few words to describe my little one's two years of life and my 2-year stint as somebody's momma (i'm STILL amazed at THAT). you would think i'd have volumes of poems about being a mother, but rarely can i capture these types of moments to my liking.

there is a poem...sorta. perhaps i will edit, fix it up a bit, and post it at a later time, but perhaps not. what's important is that my baby is not really a baby anymore. he is 2! a little man who loves to dance, and color (on the kitchen floor!), and loves cars/trains/trucks, and who's swagger is just like his father's: bold, always smiling, stubborn, and intense.

i have learned so much about him (and myself) in SUCH a short amount time. i have learned to be patient(!!!). i realze now how similar i am to my own mother. how i spit out old sayings at the drop of a hat (child...don't you know fat meat is greasy!) how forgiving & flexible you MUST be in order to stay sane. and just how much you talk to God & ask Him to watch over your child when you can't be there.

despite it all...the difficulties of raising my son without his father's daily presence, the financial sacrifices, the late nights, the early mornings...i wouldn't tade it or him for ANYTHING in this world. my son is SO beautiful y'all, i can't even begin to describe it. all i pray for is that we have many more years together to share, grow, and laugh.

Happy Birthday, baby...mommy loves you! *kisses*

3 Response to 'The Wonderful 2s'

  1. Cassandra Said,
    http://theprisonerswife.blogspot.com/2007/10/wonderful-2s.html?showComment=1193020920000#c7323373770830588610'> Sunday, October 21, 2007 7:42:00 PM

    I am rearing a 2 yo myself--a girl. It is amazing how a little person can come into your life, turn it upside down, and be okay with that. I too have a lot more patience and I see myself saying the same phrases my mom used to tell me.

    Every day is a new adventure, a new story.

     

  2. http://theprisonerswife.blogspot.com/2007/10/wonderful-2s.html?showComment=1193027040000#c405943758968903557'> Sunday, October 21, 2007 9:24:00 PM

    Happy Birthday to your little one! And thank you.

     

  3. Ananda Said,
    http://theprisonerswife.blogspot.com/2007/10/wonderful-2s.html?showComment=1193287920000#c3260209807161985709'> Wednesday, October 24, 2007 9:52:00 PM

    beauitful. happy b-day to your 2 year old.