About Me

My photo
I am a mommy, scribe, and middle-school English teacher. I am trying to cope with being separated from my beloved. DoUWantMore? email me: theprisonerswife@gmail.com

Twitter Me This...

Subscribe to this blog

 Subscribe in a reader




Get TPW in your inbox!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


Add to Technorati Favorites

Follow Me, You KNow You Wanna...

Flix from the Road

Posted by the prisoner's wife On 10:22 AM


I'm back.

The road trip was a success, despite adding my father at the last minute. He's not exactly the EASIEST person to get along with at times (especially when he's drinking, which is all the time), but we made it. We saw some beautiful sites up and down the California coast, lots of ocean views, miles and miles of farm land, and some cows. The kid got a kick out of seeing all of the animals, and even though it took a while, I felt an odd sense of accomplishment by driving the entire trip.

As promised, I'm sharing some of the photos I took along the way. Enjoy!

Down at the boardwalk.

The Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk was a lot of fun. This was our first stop on the road trip. We got to the boardwalk at about 7pm & found out that on Mondays & Tuesdays all rides were only 75cents! Yes! The kid road trains, and boats, he drove cars, and played games to his heart's content.

Monterey Bay Aquarium
I've been to a few aquariums in my life, but this one was, by far, a step above the rest. The hall of Jelly Fish was amazing, and there were seals and otters just sunbathing in the bay. Wonderful!









San Francisco
Even though I'm a native Cali girl, I had never been to San Francisco. It was a fabulous city, but so damn cold! (somebody should have told me to bring a COAT!). The weather definitely threw me (60s in the day time!), but we had a great time riding the historic cable cars, strolling Fisherman's Warf, and exploring the California Academy of Sciences in Golden Gate Park. I will definitely make my way up to the bay again (and soon!).


(one of the hearts that decorate Union Square)






(you can ALLLLLMOST see the Golden Gate Bridge. the cloud were so low, it was hard to make out *even when we drove over it!*)






(the roof of the Ca. Academy of Sciences is alive, literally! It's covered in grass & plants. it was beautiful)






I hope you enjoyed the photo tour of my road trip. Hopefully this is just the first of many!


~
Have you ever been to San Francisco? If so, what is your favorite spot in the city?
How was your week(end)?
Got pictures to share? Link to them in the comments!

4 Response to 'Flix from the Road'

  1. Peggy Said,
    http://theprisonerswife.blogspot.com/2009/07/flix-from-road.html?showComment=1248200670144#c6774123696938353237'> Tuesday, July 21, 2009 11:24:00 AM

    I absolutely LOVE your blog. The way you express yourself is poetic, strong, candid, humurous and honest.
    I stumbled onto your blog last night and I'm so happy I did.
    I started reading it from the beginning when you first started and finally I am up to date as of this afternoon (NYC time)
    I went to bed last night thinking about you, your beloved and you child...may God continue to bless you. Give you strength, peace and wisdom.
    Please continue to write and I will continue to read, you are an inspiration to me.

     

  2. http://theprisonerswife.blogspot.com/2009/07/flix-from-road.html?showComment=1248205124524#c1095521138573790089'> Tuesday, July 21, 2009 12:38:00 PM

    Peggy: wow, thank you so much for your kind words! i'm blown away that you read all the post--backward to forward. wow. I'm so glad you enjoy my blog & my writing & i'm looking forward to you hanging out & commenting!

     

  3. CiCiWryter Said,
    http://theprisonerswife.blogspot.com/2009/07/flix-from-road.html?showComment=1248386840870#c366259279154886246'> Thursday, July 23, 2009 3:07:00 PM

    I love road trips and if I'm not traveling I love reading about the travels of other people. I love love love Aquariums. Nice pictures. Hope your dad didn't bug you too much but I'm glad you took him. I miss my dad and the travel I imagine we'd be sharing. anyway I'm glad everything worked out so you didn't have to work so soon and got to take your little one to beautiful S.F. that's on my list of places to go.
    and ditto what Peggy said. Your writing is inspirational.

     

  4. christina Said,
    http://theprisonerswife.blogspot.com/2009/07/flix-from-road.html?showComment=1248742178808#c8840415091060854138'> Monday, July 27, 2009 5:49:00 PM

    Your photos are glorious! You are rocking that camera! Hey, if there was enough room for dad, then you should have stopped over to pick me up too! The whole fam!
    xo