About Me

My photo
I am a mommy, scribe, and middle-school English teacher. I am trying to cope with being separated from my beloved. DoUWantMore? email me: theprisonerswife@gmail.com

Twitter Me This...

Subscribe to this blog

 Subscribe in a reader




Get TPW in your inbox!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


Add to Technorati Favorites

Follow Me, You KNow You Wanna...

Street Walking: Los Angeles

Posted by the prisoner's wife On 4:23 PM


this week i've found myself moving through the streets of los angeles....i've never really stopped to look at my city in detail. found some interesting things, wrote a (bad) poem...thought i'd share them with you...



free stylin...

birth
place color crime rate
blood blue in red
my neighborhoods dead
covered in ashes
weather be classic
times is passin'

south central cries foul
tell me how
one can afford to live
hood's for sale but
we only got blood to give

summer births
rites of passage
sometimes i ask when
brown gon' win
just one of these games
wondering how many
hit the grave before
they go to college
droppin knoledge
InshAllah
it's the way we get through
praying HE grew us up strong
not wanting to do wrong but
options be limited
time is closing in
cash & posers win
and i'm tired of the games

3 Response to 'Street Walking: Los Angeles'

  1. Unknown Said,
    http://theprisonerswife.blogspot.com/2007/08/street-walking-los-angeles.html?showComment=1187204340000#c7974050059686008102'> Wednesday, August 15, 2007 11:59:00 AM

    Man, am I glad I stopped by today! Nicely written freestyle, lady, and the pictures add a great look of the city. It's funny how so much is going on in the constant hustle and bustle of LA that you can miss the beauty within it easily...and I'm not talking about a walk through Beverly Hills or a drive around UCLA. The people, the buildings, the four different climates in one county, the heat in the day and cool wind at night, and the push-and-shove of people trying to get from Point A to Point B faster than the dot/person next to them is almost like the setting of a play or a ballet...if you can sit still long enough to pay attention.

    Thanks for reminding me to pay attention when I'm in your city.

     

  2. Anonymous Said,
    http://theprisonerswife.blogspot.com/2007/08/street-walking-los-angeles.html?showComment=1187464260000#c9070449907305945804'> Saturday, August 18, 2007 12:11:00 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

  3. CapCity Said,
    http://theprisonerswife.blogspot.com/2007/08/street-walking-los-angeles.html?showComment=1187629380000#c4271642265191948200'> Monday, August 20, 2007 10:03:00 AM

    well - Sistah PW - I just wanted to say thank U for that view of L.A. As a teacher U should KNOW better than to berate your words! WhatEVAH you were moved to write was valid! Hugz Sis!